Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Preparing for SAS

8/14/12

I have never blogged before so here I go....I can't believe all I have done since I decided to take a trip of a lifetime with Semester at Sea (SAS). From applying back in February (i think) to all the paperwork including scholarships, forms, passports, visas and so much more. It has been an interesting journey getting to this one week away point, but it will be worth it when the voyage begins. I have literally spent so much time researching the places I'm going & what I wanna do there. I have so far booked a few SAS trips & a few independent trips. I have loved the opportunity to research trips & discuss plans with alumni & my fellow fall 2012 future classmates. Joining the facebook group for my voyage has been one of the best things to help me prepare. Alumni's advice has also had a great impact on helping me prepare for the trip.

I am so excited; it is hard to explain it in words. I have literally cried tears of joy when thinking of this trip! It is really my motivation for everything. I used it to get me through last semester & working all summer. Just knowing that this trip is coming has been very inspirational to all I do.

Well for now this is all for my first post, still trying to figure all this blogging stuff out. Now i just need to figure out how to use my email to send blogs since i have very limited internet on the ship.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment