Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Getting excited with only 4 days left till I leave for Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada where the ship debarks next Wednesday the 23rd! I have recently bought some trips. I purchased 5 service trips through Semester at Sea (SAS) that go to orphanages. I can't wait to meet these children and try to put a smile on their faces. Meeting these kids will let me know how good I had it as a kid. I also bought an Amazon Riverboat Expedition Express trip in Manuas, Brazil. I am really excited for this I stay on the riverboat in a hammock. We travel through the Amazon river, looking at the beautiful scenery, visit the meeting of waters that form the Amazon River, go alligator spotting, have a luau on the beach, explore a local village, take a jungle walk, and most important swim with pink dolphins!!! I also signed up for a scavenger hunt on the first day in Lisbon, Portugal! I decided to venture on the wild side a little and plan some trips outside of SAS. I am planning on doing a Monkey Village trip that involves visiting the Tafi Atome Monkey Village, Wli waterfall, another waterfall, a school, and meeting locals in Ghana. It is through Can Do Land Tours, a company highly recommended by SAS alumni. I have been talking to the owners of the company and they seem so nice and accomodating! I also joined a Camel ride trip in Morrocco that some people in my Fall 2012 SAS facebook group put together. It only costs $200 Euros and is 4 days & 3 nights involving riding camels in the desert & sleeping under the stars (OMG, Amazing). I also am thinking about doing a safari in Capetown through Aquila Game Reserve. People on my facebook group are planning it and it sounds fun. I'm still debating cage diving with sharks, since it scares me to death, but on the otherhand i don't know if i wanna pass up that opportunity. Well that is all for now on my trips. I plan to wing everything else. I know somethings I wanna do, but i will see when i get on the ship.

I have got to say having a Facebook group for our voyage has been the best thing. It reassures me I am not the only one in this situation and has helped answer a lot of my questions. In addition,the Considering SAS facebook group has been great at answering any questions my voyage has. I am starting to feel somewhat ready. Now that i received my credit card & eurail pass today. I have gotten foreign currency & hit up target for school supplies & everything I will need for almost 4 months at sea. All that is left is to pack. I guess i shouldn't say it like that cause it is one of the most important and time taking parts of the trip, but i will begin it tomorrow. Hope everything i need fits!

Well until next time,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment